The electronic signature allows citizens and companies to quickly and easily resolve procedures with the administration and manage day-to-day related matters. Do you know how to request it and what procedures it allows you to solve from anywhere? Learn keys in this post.
What Is The Electronic Signature
When we speak of electronic signature we are referring to the “set of data in electronic form, recorded together with others or associated with them, which can be used as a means of identifying the signatory”,
What is the objective of the electronic signature? As the norm indicates, streamline and give security to the efforts and procedures of citizens and companies with the Administration, as well as promoting the development of a digital society in which trust in procedures is essential.
Types Of Electronic Signature
Is there only one electronic signature model? The answer is no. According to the Law, we can distinguish between:
- The advanced electronic signature is the one that allows the signer to be identified and any subsequent change in the signed data to be detected. This firm is uniquely linked to its owner and has been created by means that the signatory can keep under its sole control.
- The recognized electronic signature is a step beyond the advanced electronic signature, since it is based on a recognized certificate and generated using a secure signature creation device. An example of this type of electronic signature is the operations carried out with the DNIe.
Does this type of signature have the same validity as a handwritten signature? The answer is no. According to the Law, only the recognized electronic signature can be equated, for legal purposes, with a handwritten signature since “it must be based on a recognized certificate and created by a secure creation device”.
In this way, a recognized electronic signature is one that meets the following requirements:
- It allows us to identify the signer.
- Verify the integrity of the signed document.
- Guarantee non-repudiation at source (certifies the validity of what was signed at the time it was made).
- It has the participation of a trusted third party.
- It is based on a recognized electronic certificate.
- It must be generated with a secure signature creation device.
To comply with the requirement of issuing a trusted third party that issues a recognized electronic certificate.
Also Read: Internet Of Things: Origin, Importance In The Present And Future Perspective
Differences Between Electronic Signature, Digital Signature, And Digitized Signature
Although they may seem the same (and in fact when performing a Google search both results are associated) there are differences between the electronic signature and the digital signature. To them can be added the concept of a digital signature with which there are also significant differences. In this way:
- Electronic signature: when we refer to it we are talking about a global concept, since we are referring to a set of data in electronic format, recorded together with others, which can be used as a means of identifying the signer.
- Digital signature: when we talk about digital signature we are referring to the concept of advanced electronic signature, since the data and the identity of the signatory are guaranteed through an official certificate, issued by an agency or institution that validates the signature.
- Digitized signature: When we talk about a digitized signature, we are referring to a simple scan of our signature, which, in this way, goes to digital format. It does not matter if it is incorporated into a document since by its very nature it has no legal validity.
How To Obtain An Electronic Signature. First Step: Obtain The Digital Certificate
To obtain the digital signature, therefore, the first step is to locate one of the trust certificate issuers established by the Ministry. Why? The answer is that the validity of the electronic signature (or digital signature in this case) is given by the file or electronic document that is generated after performing a procedure with a validated electronic certificate. This document is the one that you must keep for legal purposes.
What Procedures Can You Solve With Your Electronic Signature
Obtaining an electronic signature allows you to streamline your procedures with the Administration and do so in a fully certified and secure manner. What procedures can you solve with your digital signature? Among others:
- Making the Income Statement through the Internet.
- Requests in electronic administrative records.
- Request for working life.
- Receipt of electronic notifications.
- Email signature.
- Electronic invoice signature.
- Check the points of your driving license
Similarly, You Can Solve All Kinds Of Procedures With:
- Entities of the Central Administration were to use the electronic signature.
- Autonomous administrations were to use the electronic signature.
- Local entities that allow electronic signature.
The applications go far beyond the steps and procedures with the administration. Thanks to your digital signature you can validate documents in.PDF or Word format that, in this way, is certified and validated with your digital identification.
Also Read: Do You Know What Blockchain Is And What Benefits It Has For Companies?