In the following tips + tricks article, we will tell you how you can add contacts to the YouTube app.
Would you like to communicate or share videos with your friends or acquaintances within the YouTube app? Then you need to add them as contacts first. You can read how this works in our instructions.
Add YouTube contacts in the app
Note: Currently, YouTube contacts are only supported by the YouTube app and cannot be synchronized with Google contacts.
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: Open the YouTube app, login and click on ” Activities ” in the menu at the bottom. Now tap on ” Show contacts “.
- 2nd step: If you already have YouTube contacts, you will see them listed here. To add new contacts, go to the ” Send invitation link “. Alternatively, you can tap on ” Search in phone book ” to send an SMS with an invitation link to a contact in your phone book.
- 3rd step: If you tapped on ” Send invitation link”, you will now see a link. This link is automatically copied to the clipboard when you tap it. You can then paste it into a message or email to invite a contact to a YouTube chat. Alternatively, you can tap on ” Send invitation ” …
- 4th step: To forward the link directly, e.g. via WhatsApp. In these instructions, we explain how you can chat with your contacts within the YouTube app.
Quick start Guide
- Open the YouTube app, log in and click on ” Activities ” in the menu at the bottom.
- Now tap on ” Show contacts “.
- If you already have contacts, you can see them here. To add new contacts, go to the ” Send invitation link “.
- If you tap this link now, it will automatically be copied to the clipboard. Alternatively, you can tap on ” Send invitation ” to send it directly, e.g. B. via WhatsApp.
- When the recipient taps the link, you’ve added them as a contact.
Also Read: Upload YouTube Video – Here How It Works